Xbox Friends

Hello there,
For some strange reason, I cannot seem to send or receive messages or friend requests on my gold account.
I found this out when my brother tried to friend me but I never got a message. I would try to send someone a message and it would not let me even type in a name to send a message to. The selection was unable to be clicked, or even highlighted. I then went to add my brother as a friend instead. The Xbox let me go to where I type the name but, when I entered in the name, the dang thing said 'this person is already on your friends list' when I never even received a request and he is not on my list either. Also, no error message pops up so it is not a registered error.
I would appreciate it if someone with any information on the subject could help me out. Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It sounds like you have your privacy settings set to clocked or friends only, I had the same thing going on.  Go to Settings -> Privacy and make sure your contact settings are Allowed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're under 18 and your parents set up restrictions you won't be allowed to add to your friend's list

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.