Xbox forced update, now everything throws an error 0x80070102

Literally EVERYTHING throws this error. Xbox starts up fine, but when I try anything, this. Then I can't chose close or any other choices. From the main menu if I hold down the Xbox button on my controller the screen dims end thats it. If I try pressing it once or navigating left to get to settings, same thing. The update bricked my console.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 5, 2019 Views 808 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am having the same problem

I'm facing the same error. I'm an Xbox insider and my Xbox became useless after the last update.

I'd like a solution. My console is out of warranty and very probably my Xbox have bricked due to last preview update.

Same here! Thought I was the only one with this problem. Started right after the latest update from the insider hub, so Im thinking it has something to do with that.. :/

Hopeing a solutuion is coming around pretty fast!

Video of the problem.

I'm facing the same error. I'm an Xbox insider and my Xbox became useless after the last update.

I'd like a solution. My console is out of warranty and very probably my Xbox have bricked due to last preview update.

Same here! Thought I was the only one with this problem. Started right after the latest update from the insider hub, so Im thinking it has something to do with that.. :/

Hopeing a solutuion is coming around pretty fast!

I'm not an insider and my update was FORCED. Who's responsible for that? I would prefer not updating myself.

Still no response from Microsoft. Best $350 paperweight I ever bought!!

did you press lb rb lt rt and y to see if that fixes the problem

I'd like a solution. My console is out of warranty and very probably my Xbox have bricked due to last preview update. everyone try this go to settings then network go to alternative mac than do refersh

Video of the problem.

Yes, this is it! My problem is a little bit different, but is the same essence. I can't even throw a game or app, but the rest is equal. It freezes and dims equally.

everyone try this go to settings then network go to alternative mac than do refersh[

My friend, I'm afraid you didn't understand the issue. The home screen is the "last stop". It's impossible to go to any other place, including settings. Before the issue reach this level, I was facing Xbox live connection issues and I did what you are suggesting or I restarted the system.