XBox Fitness

Is it me or are most reviews barely even mentioning xbox fitness? It seems like something really cool that my wife and I will both try out, but it's almost nonexistent in reviews.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know my wife is wanting to try it out,  she uses the x360 one but is really interested in the new one and has been asking me questions.  But like you I'm not finding much

Only thing I can think of is maybe it isn't included in the review kit, and will be reviewed like a game later on.

The reviews I read didn't delve into app specifics too much other than Twitch. I'm looking forward to using it and reorganized the entertainment area to provide optimal Kinect usability.

I read somewhere about BeachBody offering Insanity, etc but I believe it will be a premium service that you'll have to pay additional $$ for.

@Kuruczpa, It will be free with Xbox Live Gold until Dec. 2014.  

news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-xbox-fitness-unveiled

I saw something the other day, sorry don't recall where. They had some guy working out to the Insanity work out. Aside from almost killing him, they should how it all works. No real review though. They said that there was going to be so many workouts that you could workout for a year and never do the same routine. I think it's a great side portion to the Xbox, but I don't think people are thinking of it as a game.

[quote user="DARCRAIN"]

@Kuruczpa, It will be free with Xbox Live Gold until Dec. 2014.  

news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-xbox-fitness-unveiled

[/quote]

Well that's good to hear - wonder how much it'll be come Jan 2015.

I don't see it as a game either, and since it's available at launch, I'm surprised it doesn't warrant a mention, good or bad, in reviews.

It feels like reviewers are focusing only on the things MS made a big deal about and glossing over the things we haven't been seeing videos for months showcasing.

This seems like a pretty big deal to me. In fact I was not planning on getting a One right away, but after watching a video (IGN) of it in action I went ahead and ordered one this morning. Sadly, I forgot to change the shipping to next day so I have to wait until monday.

Honestly Xbox fitness is what made me decide to keep my preorder and to hook up Kinect. Currently downloading the update so later I'll check out xbox fitness.