Xbox Fitness internet connection problems

So  lately I've been trying to use xbox fitness and every time I try and use it I get an error message popup that says

"Internet Connection Error
Xbox fitness cannot connect to the Internet at this time.

Please check your internet connection and try again."

Thing is though, I AM connected to the internet and am logged in to xbox live and view friends, send messages, etc. I am very much on line. I have tried resetting the xbox, disconnecting and reconnecting my wireless and resetting my router. Nothing works. The fitness was working a week ago but past few days every time I try it, I get nothing.

What's going on? Do I need to open some ports or something?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When you test the network & multiplayer test, you can hold down both triggers and bumpers for a detailed diagnostics screen. What does your NAT type say in the network tab?

If you do have to portforward, here is a list for ya.

Please be aware that Xbox One has new features that use IPv6 compared to the Xbox 360 IPv4.

Xbox One uses the following ports:

-          Port 88 (UDP)

-          Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

-          Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

-          Port 80 (TCP)

-          Port 500 (UDP)

-          UDP Port 3544 (UDP)

-          UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue, used to work (so it shouldn't be a connection issue?) but now a no go. Internet works fine for everything else I've tried.  Really hoping a solution is around the corner...

Sorry this didn't help.

And today it's working (no adjustments made). Luck, a fix?  Whatever it is -thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously, not working again today. It's completely worthless hit or miss like this. These network issues need to get resolved or there are going to be a lot of xbox one returns.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mrs Krash, what is your NAT type? Have you tried port forwarding and what support pages have you read through on Xbox.com to fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

NAT type always says "open" but under details (holding shoulders and triggers during multiplayer connection check) it always says "your network is behind a cone NAT".   The NAT type is consistent despite all changes I've made. I have assigned a static IP and have port forwarded all ports that were listed on the xbox support page. I also read about 2 additional ports that could potentially be problematic (? 3075 and 16000) so I forwarded them just in case.

The thing is, sometimes it works (even before I forwarded any ports) and sometimes it doesn't.   For example, several days ago - no dice. Yesterday it fired up without any problem. This morning no go. I forwarded the 2 extra ports just in case, still nothing. Then this afternoon works fine???

I guess I'm wondering if this is an issue many are having, because if it's a system issue I'm sure they'll fix it.  Fitness is only useful if you're consistent, so a game that works intermittently is of no use to me. I'm the only one in the house using this particular gaming system right now...and it doesn't even work for the time being :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mrs Krash,

Extremely sorry for this random connection issues. You are connected to live now correct? this only happens when playing Xbox fitness or does this happen to other multiplayer games? Have you gone through the NAT error Solution article?

Reach back and let us know what you find.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I was having issues with cod ghosts I opened all the ports listed as you have and it too made no difference. It was only after I read somewhere that you have to pull the plug on the xboxone for five mins does it remove its network memory, then plug it in. Mine now works a treat.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this sounds crazy but this has worked 3 times for me after getting that error (and once before I even got the error).

0. Try to launch Xbox Fitness, get error.

1. Go to settings.

2. Test multiplayer connection.

3. Once that's done, hold LT, RT, LB, RB to launch more info about your connection.

4. Go back to Xbox Fitness.

5. Profit!

Not sure why this works, the more info about your connection must hit some setting about your connection.  Once I saw Xbox Fitness mention some error about there not being enough bandwidth and I think this tells it that it's wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having the same problems. I've seen this almost every time I try the fitness app as well as when I try to play cod: ghosts I get a error stating that the servers are down. I've opened the ports with no luck. Netflix and other apps connect fine. When I'm in the network settings it says I have a open nat type. But when I hold down the bummers during the multiplayer connection test it states "---" under my nat type. Fitness and ghosts worked fine the first week after launch day, but been having problems after that. I tried to unplug my power cable from the box like the other guy suggested and I tried to launch the app after holding the bummers down durning the mp test and still nothing. Even reinstalling doesn't help (which for cod sucks due to almost a hour install) at this point I don't know what to do.

Sorry this didn't help.