Xbox Family Gold

I recently bought 3 gold pre paid subs last month. I want to know if it's possible to convert my existing gold to a family gold account? I tried looking in account settings and the option isn't there. My gold family pack ended last month, so I bought 3 sub cards , but now my younger son wants a account now. So am I able to do that? If so why don't I see the option to join family gold? I only have the 12, 3, and 1 month options.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello

You can easily convert an existing Xbox LIVE Gold membership, or you can sign up for a new Xbox LIVE account and Gold Family Pack membership.

How do I convert an existing Xbox LIVE Gold Membership?

When you switch your membership to a Gold Family Pack membership, all content, Microsoft Points, scores, and achievements associated with your gamertag are preserved. Here's how to do it.

Notes

• To sign up for a Gold Family Pack membership, you must be of adult age in your country (18 or older in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region.
  • If you’re on the Xbox 360 Entertainment For All Plan, you’re not eligible for a Family Pack for the life of the Plan.
  1. Sign in to the Xbox LIVE account that you want to be the primary account holder for your Gold Family membership.
  2. Go to Settings, and then select Account.
  1. Scroll right and select Gold Family.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions. You will get a discount on your Gold Family Pack membership based on how many months remain on your existing Gold Membership.
  3. After you join a Gold Family Pack membership, add Gold Family Pack members.

Xbox.com steps: Convert your membership on Xbox.com

1. Go to My Account.
  2. Under Membership & Content, click Get More Gold
    Note If you are not signed in, you will be prompted for your Microsoft account (formerly "Windows Live ID"). Type the Microsoft account information for the Xbox LIVE account that you want to be the primary account holder for your Gold Family membership (an adult account). 
  3. Select Gold Family (where available), and then click Next.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert your membership to a Gold Family Pack membership.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Coping and pasting that doesn't help what so ever. I've already done the above, there is no option at all to purchase family gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been trying to purchase a Gold Family pack but the option is not available to me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. My gold family pack expired today and I cannot renew it so now the whole family is without live and I don't want to buy it any other way.

Sorry this didn't help.

After talking with support, the family option is not available for now. Later today we should find out what is going on. Whether it will cease to exist or has been modified somehow. I just know that my kids will be moved to PC gaming and we will sell the xbox's because it is too expensive for a family to have it without the family plan.

Sorry this didn't help.

That’s correct, the Family Gold offer is no longer available for purchase. The Family Center experience with settings management, allowance granting, child activity reports & family subscriptions management are still available for current Family Gold members at this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess that means that my family will go back to online gaming on the pc's and xbox's will be sold. No need to have them without online access and seeing as I am not going to pay two and half times more for it. Big mistake by xbox. There will be a lot less people online. I was even prepared for a rate increase which wouldn't have been too bad but individual gold accounts are way too expensive to buy in quantity. I was really starting to rethink my console thoughts but now I see that my thoughts about the PC being better for gaming was right to begin with.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, this is outrageous!!!  We want an explanation Microsoft!!!  Live for all family members, now in the next genation you are rumoured to be taking steps to eliminate used game sales.  I guess now video games are only for the wealthy.  Why was their no announcement of the Family Plan ending???  Why is nothing being reported in the media???  Why are you doing this to families???

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow really? when did this happen? My family sub ended last month so I bought  pre paid cards instead. My other son wanted an account now he can't. Well that sucks... Well thanks for replying I was going crazy last night trying to figure out why I didn't see it.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is outrageous. I am checking with gamestop now to see how much I can get out of my two with games and Kinect. Trade them for a Playstation 3 where I don't have to pay for the online game play. I kind of thought about going playstation to begin with and now I wish I would have.

Sorry this didn't help.