Xbox Error E66

I'm getting issues with an xbox I got used. It appears to be that it was modified to play copied games. Is there a way I can restore it to factory defaults so I can update my Xbox to play with my newly bought Kinect? My Xbox is the older version; one of the first. 

Please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Nope. Take it back to the shop, explain it's not working as it should be and ask for an exchange or refund. Buying used is like Russian Roulette because you've no idea what the previous owner has been doing with it and any bans that have been handed down or are about to be handed down cannot be undone just because the current owner didn't do the deeds.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't buy it from a shop. I got it for free...when I booted the 360 up, I thought it worked...but nope...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello CanukGamer,

The console you've obtained is not allowed on our network, and operating it would be against our Terms of Use. (http://xbx.lv/LVEToU)

Your best bet, as VernierSlake highlighted, is to either return it to the store / place / person you obtained it from, or dispose of it at an appropriate recycle center.

Sorry this didn't help.