Xbox DVD audio sync issue

My Xbox One is still having audio sync issues when playing DVDs. The problem seems to occur particularly when the DVD shifts from one layer to the second, meaning the second half of the movie is out of sync. Stopping and restarting the disc seems to usually fix the issue, but this seems a crazy fix for a console the sells itself as an all in one media centre. Anyone else having these issues still? I don't have a second player, so the Xbox one is my only way to watch DVDs and it's driving me nuts.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 90 Applies to:

Hey mate,

Have you tried power cycling your console? I've not heard of the issue before, but I know power cycling your console can fix any number of issues.

With the console on, hold the power button down for 10seconds until the console switches off, leave it for a minute, then fire it back up again. Try to DVD and let us know if that has sorted it out :)

If not, I'll dig a bit deeper and see what i can find for you :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, that's been tried several times. Unfortunately still not fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey dude,

Ok, seems to be a common problem, however I've found a thread that has a heap of helpful suggestions: forums.xbox.com/.../1630530.aspx

It might also be worth deleting the Bluray player app and redownloading it. As from what I've read, the syncing issue should have been fixed with an update, so should not be happening any longer

Let me know how you go :)

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.

I've deleted and re-downloaded the Blu-ray app and it's still losing sync following the switching from one layer of a DVD to another.  So either this is a systemic issue with the Xbox One hardware, OS or Blu-ray app, or it's a particular fault with my Xbox One hardware. Any idea which?

Sorry this didn't help.