Xbox does not want to read a clean fresh mint disc ... SUPER FRUSTRATED

IDK where to go or how to get some stupid @@@ straight answers but I am on the verge of BREAKING THE DISC AND THROWING THE XBOX AT THE WALL.... Ive been gaming for a while I take excellent care of my system and games only I handle them and I check them frequently .. recently I wanted to play Battlefield 3 the single player campain and I have played it before only briefly because the multiplayer is where its at. I put the second disc in which has had maybe a hour total of console time and it froze the xbox and will now not read along with MW3 ..... It reads the first disc of BF3 which is multiplayer fine but will not read the others .. and it reads my other games I play like Dead Island which I have had 140 hours into it already..... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE CAUSE MY DISCS ARE CLEAN AS A WHISTLE AND I WANT TO KICK A CAT RIGHT NOW CAUSE I CANT PLAY WHAT I SPENT MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

if this is the old fat xbox when the disk tray goes in the box physically push the tray in a bit harder  and hold it. if that doesn't work you will have to call support or something.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it's not reading anything then it can a laser problem or the disc drive in general, if your console is still under warranty MS will fix it for free otherwise try and get it done locally it should run you just under $100 to get it fixed depending on the exact cause of the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Wubano"]

...I am on the verge of BREAKING THE DISC AND THROWING THE XBOX AT THE WALL.... Ive been gaming for a while...

[/quote]Apparently not long enough.

Seriously though. sounds like a faulty disc. i personally had technical difficulties with BF3 with saving, loading and other things. Don't know if its the devs or just EA bs. Could be your console is getting old. Just chill out and don't break anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

If it's not reading anything then it can a laser problem or the disc drive in general, if your console is still under warranty MS will fix it for free otherwise try and get it done locally it should run you just under $100 to get it fixed depending on the exact cause of the problem.

[/quote]

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Sorry this didn't help.

I hear what you guys are saying.... Im not going to snap back at the person who said I havent been playing long enough.... I have the new version one, maybe a year at best maybe less... I refuse to believe that the disc is faulty .. when it comes to discs I keep them extremly clean, EXTREMLY... I can understand the laser eye possible going bad but it just doesnt make sense though, maybe Im in denial but I dought it.... now Ive read that people have had problems with the dash board update and certain games like L4D 2 and I had major problems too but I let a friend borrow it and it came back messed up .. ergo I am the only one who handles my discs (I know that may not sound right lol) These discs are clean as a whistle, the box aint that old, I had the older fat white one for damn near 4 to 5 years until someone conviced me to get it modded which in turn got my box banned which in turn led me to purchase the new version one.... I cant go with EA bs because MW3 does the same thing....  is there a way for me to put the model and serial on this site some where that would tell me if it ins warrenty .... Either way I appreciate all the responces, even the doughter of longevity of game playing. I dont wanna take it to a local place without a concrete confirmation that the eye is bad.  IM JUST SCREWED ARENT I?

Sorry this didn't help.

XBOX 360's come with a standard 1 year warranty, you can check the warranty status by going to the repair site and clicking "Start a Repair" it will ask you to add your serial number and it will let you know if it's in warranty or not. The site is located here.

Sorry this didn't help.