Xbox does not automatically connect to LIVE?

I am having this problem for a week now... I use wired connection for connecting to Xbox live... up until last week, when i used to start my xbox, it connected automatically to live but now it does not... i have to wait for a minute on dashboard before i could manually connect it... i have tried changing the ethernet cables but does not work... also i checked my friend's xbox on my router and it connects to Live automatically as soon as it is turned on... Moreover when i start my xbox i dont see a Light  on my router (indicating the xbox connection is on)... as i said before i have to wait a minute before the Light on the router shows and now i can connect to LIVE manually... There is more to it... whenever i go for online play like CoD Bo, as soon as i click Find Match, after a while i am disconnected from Live and i have to log in again... It happens for every online game (MW2,  ACB etc) but the weired thing is that it only happens the first time i start the game, not after that... Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Well, as far as the first part goes, you can set the console to automatically sign you in when it turned on.  Perhaps that has been changed somehow.  I don't know about the rest,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried restarting your modem or router? If that doesn't work, can you try another port on your router?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same issue but, it's been going on for about 3 months. I am using the same wireless router I have been using for the past 3 years. I did recently change apartments though but, other than the actually physicaly location the setup IE( Wall-Modem-Router-Wireless to Xbox) has not changed at all. I have tried resetting everything and unplugging/replugging. I also have it set to automatically sign in under the Settings- Profile- Sign In. As soon as I manually connect it works fine. Very annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Paladin - did you notice the change in behavior at the exact time you changed apartments? If so, can you try resetting your router's settings to default?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue on my X-Box for ages!  I had good luck when I manually set a static DNS server in the Xbox's network configuration!

Sorry this didn't help.