Xbox displays different email then website for my gamertag.

So I logged in to Xbox live today and it prompted me that I should look over my email and see if It's still valid. I looked it over, and it turns out that email was not an email I remember using for my gamertag/account/whatever. I then went and logged in to this website using an email I DO remember using, and it logged me in with the same gamertag. The emails were different, and the passwords are obviously different too, and yet I can log into the same account with different emails.

I had my xbox for quite a while, and i created that gamertag quite a while ago, so is it possible that I made that gamertag with a different email, and that the gamertag is linked to two different emails (If it even asked for a email)?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Log in at https://account.live.com and you might see that one of the emails is the primary alias (probably the one on the console right now) and the other one is an alternate alias, which means you are able to use it to sign in elsewhere (eg Xbox.com and other web-based Microsoft services).

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.