XBOX Display Discovery Fault - Sky Player Issue

Hi

Have been using my Xbox360 S on my Samsung TV since the console was launched last year and never had any issues.

About a week ago, when i switched my Xbox on, i got no sound and after going into settings, noticed the Xbox was showing my connection as DVI instead of HDMI, i fixed this by turning display discovery off and setting resolution and connection type etc manually. Xbox rebooted and everything worked great again (video/audio)

Have now come to use Sky Player and the Sky Player comes on as usual with sound but no video and i get an error stating no HDCP connection found - i am guessing that HDMI is a requirement for encryption purposes (?)

So i need to know what i can do to resolve the issue, i have tried a different HDMI cable and tried connecting using either cable to a different port on the TV but still display discovery gets my connection type wrong.

Please assist

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

do you have other devices connected to the tv via hdmi, if you do, then disconnect them and see if that works, then try reconnecting them again.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.