Xbox disconnection issues

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Xbox 360 slim disconnecting at seemingly random times. 

I'll be playing a game or watching Netflix and my Xbox will suddenly disconnect. Sometimes I'm lucky and can reconnect immidiately but most of the time I have to restart my console. When I restart it connects as if there was no issue at all.

I've deleted my account, cleared system cashe, and redownloaded my account

I've opened the proper ports in my router

I've reset my router

I've reset my connection to it to factory defaults

I don't know what to do anymore. This issue has occurred over multiple routers, and my latest one is the newest version bell has to offer. I'm averaging over 50 mbps a second so it's not my internet. We have 2 Xbox 360s, 1 Xbox one, and a $2000 Microsoft tablet running internet all at the same time and when mine disconnects nobody else's does. I've tried running it with nothing else in the house connected to WiFi but still no dice.

Did I miss any other fixes?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello ChunkyHunkMonky,

I see by your intial post you have tried a lot of troubleshooting already to stop this problem persisting. Let's try another option.

Step 1. On the dashboard navigate to the far right to enter Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive

Step 2. Press the button "X" To get suggestions on file deletion, it will bring up everything you have on the hard drive, and go through the whole list looking for any incomplete/corrupt file and deleting it. They can be found by having a yellow icon beside them indicating it is incomplete or corrupt. Ensure to eliminate all of those incomplete/corrupt files as they will just drag the system down.

Step 3. Once you have done this, go back to Settings > System > Storage > Highlight the Hard Drive >

Step 4. Perform one last clearing of system cache.

Step 5. Shut your Xbox 360 down, wait for it to turn off and then unplug the power plug from the wall/extension and plug it back in after 30 seconds. Boot the Xbox 360 up and see if this has solved your issue.

Please give a follow-up if this worked for you to enable other members to browse through the forum with similar problems.

Looking forward to your reply, and sorry it took so long for someone to respond to your qustion.

Regards,

Dan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.