Xbox disc tray scratches discs

MY XBOX DISC TRAY SEEMS TO BE SCRATCHING ALL MY DISCS. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN FIX THIS MANUALLY OR CAN I SENT IT TO MICROSOFT TO BE REPAIRED? IF SO, HOW MUCH WILL I HAVE TO PAY OR WILL IT BE FREE? I HAVE HAD MY XBOX SINCE DECEMBER 2008.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Do you ever move the console when there is a disc inside?, I only ask because usually this is how scratches are caused.

To fix it manually you would need to open the console, that is self repair and can not be discussed on the forums. Any console opened by anyone but an official MS tech at an MS repairs centre would be classed as modded, as such you risk the console getting banned from the service.

Unfortunately for non RROD issues the warranty is only 1 year so if you wanted the console to be serviced it would have a charge attached to it, I believe it is somewhere around $100 for a service.
(If you decide to have it serviced you can arrange that by phoning support for your region).

EDIT: An easy solution for you would be to install any games you are currently playing to your HDD, that would prevent disc wear as it reads the game from the HDD once the game has booted up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.