Xbox default headset issues

I've been having this issue since the update preview, and am still having it now that the update is out. My default xbox one mono headset (that came with the console) is giving me this issue where no matter what I've tried my mic cant pick up my voice. I can hear others in a party and in skype just fine, however my mic isnt picked up in any situation. 

I really dont want to have to buy a new mic if that isnt the issue, and would like to know if this is a known bug or if theres anything else I can try to fix it. Please help D:

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:
Answer

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the issue!  If you are participating in the Preview Program, please go ahead and make a post in the Xbox One Preview Forum. That way we can make sure that the proper folks can address the issue.

If you are not participating the the Preview Program and are continuing to experience this issue, check out this thread. We are currently looking into this issue there and will be providing any updates we receive in that thread. Also, be sure to try the troubleshooting steps that Misses Quinzel has provided as well. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.