XBOX CONTROLLER NOT CONECTING TO RECIEVER

whenever i go to connect my controller to my reciever the recievers light stops blinking and the controllers light keeps blinking. but when i connect my reciever to my laptop it works fine. my desktop runs on windows 7 home premium and so does my laptop. and on my desktop the reciever doest show up in device manager and there is no unknown devices or other devices in it. and obviously the controller doesnt show up in that thing when u type in joy.cpl in run. and when i frst got my reciever it was working on my desktop until i charged it through the desktops usb slot while it was connected to the reciever.

(dont reply here saying just play on ur laptop cause i hate playing on it im more used to desktop)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I would remove the drivers and reinstall the receiver. Sounds like something might have corrupted when you plugged the controller in via USB which may be causing a conflict.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

how?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there!  This is a little outside the scope of our support, but we'll be happy to take a look for solutions for you. :)  There are a lot of great steps in this thread.  Please try the first solution listed here: answers.microsoft.com/.../0e141e88-64f4-4bbd-8dad-7eb12a22cab6 and let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.