xbox continues to corrupt profiles, wont let me redownload

Hi. I've been having problems with my xbox the past few days. I first noticed this problem when I went to sign into one of my accounts but it was missing. I could still see my offline accounts so I figured it was just an xbox live problem.

I start up my xbox the next day and this time all of the profiles are missing. When I checked my storage device it said all of my profiles were "Corrupted". I thought I could just delete and redownload my profiles but I kept getting error code 80070020 (I looked this up, and even when I restarted my xbox multiple times it wouldn't work).

Then I couldn't access my storage device at all because it was "unformatted". In order to format it I had to delete all of my files, make a new profile, and start over. Of course, next time I start up my xbox the new profile I made is corrupted. I don't have a hardrive (just the xbox) so I'm wondering if that limited space has something to do with it? I'm not sure, but if anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it because I just want to fix this and move on, lol.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

Hello, it seems the information on this specific code is somewhat limited in the troubleshooting guide listed here. support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80070020  .  

It states "If you get this message and error code, it means the download attempt failed, but the problem might be temporary."

Since you have already tried downloading the profile again , I would go ahead and contact Xbox support directly either by calling them , or choosing to chat with Xbox support here support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.