Xbox console scratched my COD disc

I have a Xbox 360 that is about a year old. I have only played 3 games in it; mainly Call of Duty Black Ops. One day the "Array" map would not load. I had to restart the console because it locked up. This incident happens all the time. I took the disc out and noticed it was scratched in a circular manner all the way around the disc. The console has never been moved while in operation. The disc stays in the console when not in use. I am 48 years old and take care of my electronics. 

My question is, can we download a digital copy of the game? I purchased the game on disc and the serial key is registered to me and is verifiable. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

The console has never been moved while on operation....

So has it been moved while it is off with the disc in it still?

Try taking a soft cloth to the disc and clean it, then play the game again, if that doesn't work go down to your local game store and ask them to clear the scratches (Cost is around £2).

I suggest keeping your xbox on a steady location, as it will still vibrate but on a steady location it will not vibrate as much, and try not to bang into it.

Also take the discs' out before shutting down the xbox, people leaving discs' in can cause problems.

Yes you can buy the Digital Version for £44.99 on Games On Demand.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am assuming you have obtained a laser burn.

This can be caused by your xbox shaking whilst on!

If this is the case then you get it fixed by going to your local shop which sells/provides games and ask them to clean your disc. They will ask for a small fee but atleast you wont be spending a lot of money on a new one!

Hope this help,

Brad.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.