Xbox Console ban

I just want to post that i am deeply unhappy with our console being banned game tag "sleepy_stu1974" and I think the fact that noone can tell us why is shocking. 4 phonecalls and 2 emails which are of no help, we have not modified our console but we do not know if we've a case to fight seen as no one will tell us exactly what we have done, xbox or microsoft I'm very disappointed , do they even know they are breaking the law by holding "their evidence about u" and not sharing it, I am taking this matter further and i would urge others to aswell. Firstly we need to know why?!!

Oh and my Son has been deeply affected by this, he is 9 and has Aspegers, xbox is his life but of course they don't care about that.

Very sad.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

sorry gametag is sleepystu1974 if u have any info of why it is banned thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just out of curiosity, what law has Microsoft broken?

This part (the red part) is taken from another user (Sonic Scream 07), but it esentially lets you know where Microsoft stands.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

s2

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are unsatisfied with amount of information you receive on official Xbox forums you should discuss your problem with others sharing the same story.  There is alot of information in the discussions section of the Xbox facebook page.

www.facebook.com/topic.php

Sorry this didn't help.

BTW, I do feel for you.  Being a teacher and having friends who have kids with Aspergers I understand where you are coming from.  My friends kiddo has an attachment to Mario so they deal with this but through Nintendo.  

I wish we had better news, but I have never seen a console ban get reversed.

Sorry this didn't help.

sleepystu1974, i'm right with you.  My console was recently banned and, so far, have found out nothing about it.  Xbox is very childish on this matter.  Although they state to take it very seriously and that they do multiple investigations prior to the banning they fail to notify their paying clients with all of their findings.  And when a client inquires they are met with a brick wall.  I could compare it to a parent giving the reason "because" to his child.  The links given are of no help and the fact that they don't want to talk about it rings a few bells with me that they may have something to hide.  

Although it's not the case with my console i was wondering what would happen if my son was old enough to play Xbox and had his console banned.  As his father and the opener of wallet when it came to buying the now banned xbox let alone the new one, i'd like to know what my child did wrong so that i could discipline him accordingly.

Sorry this didn't help.

17. Changes to the Service; If We Cancel the Service.

We may change the Service or delete features of the Service at any time for any reason. If you do not agree to these changes, then you must cancel and stop using the Service.

A particular feature may be a pre-release version – a beta, for example – and may not work correctly or in the way a final version might work. We may significantly change the final version or decide not to release a final version.

We may cancel or suspend your use of the Service at any time without notice and for any reason. Upon Service cancellation, your right to use the Service stops right away. Your ability to access and use Third-Party Features also stops right away.   Our cancellation of the Service will not change your obligation to pay all charges made to your billing account.  If we cancel the Service in its entirety without cause, then we will refund to you on a pro-rata basis the amount of your payment for the portion of your Service remaining at the time of cancellation. Sections 6 (for amounts incurred before termination), Section 11, Sections 15-18 and those sections of this contract that by their terms apply after termination of this contract will survive any termination of this contract. If you have confidentiality obligations related to the Service, those obligations remain in force (for example, you may have been a beta tester).

We all agreed to this when we joined the Live service. MS is not obligated nor required to tell anyone anything in regards to the service they provide. It may not be the answer you want to hear but it is the correct information and it will not change your situation.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is in regards to the Xbox Live Service...  which, in my case, is still fully active.  It's not in relation to console bans.

The xbox stance on console bans is guilty without proof and no chance of innocence.

The moderators of this forum basically state this then lock the thread.  They are in the same boat as regular customer service in that they really have no clue why and are just doing as they were told.  On a normal day they are probably right 99 times out of 100 but clearly something has gone bad. The more i look, the more people i find that were wrongfully banned over this weekend.  It's not normal.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ColdDeck45"]

This is in regards to the Xbox Live Service...  which, in my case, is still fully active.  It's not in relation to console bans.

[/quote]

Console bans are only in regards to the console connecting to xbox live services. They are only banned from connecting to xbox live, the marketplace and content involved with either. You can still use it offline. Per item 17 of the Terms Of Use which we all have to agree to in order to access the live services they can terminate your access at their discretion. They have enough info linked to your console for them to believe it justified to ban your console from xbox live, once they do nothing you or anyone says, especially here on the forums, will get them to unban the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you to everyone who replied.

One of the main rights which the Data Protection Act gives to individuals is the right of access to their personal information. There for they are breaking the law by not sharing the data they hold on you, not for the banning of the console itself. AND alarm bells are ringing in my head as to why they don't want to talk about bans, something to hide indeed, and probably something that wouldn't stand up in court!

secondly: Our Xbox was bought new and not been changed in anyway so must have somehow  been "modified" by another user or a "modified lobby" on live which just shows u how safe Xbox Live is, Microsoft should be finding out and banning them not the people possibly lured into them, If this is the reason as I do not know why and my son doesn't even know what a modified lobby is , they are hitting u with many suggestions that don't ring true in my house, but if they won't tell u then what are u to do . I for one am writing to request the data under the Data protection act. If they are above that law then something is very very very wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm beginning to search for the Canadian equivalent.  An update on any progress would be much appreciated.

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.