Xbox Connection Error

So, yesterday night, I was surprised to find out that my 360 could not connect to the internet. It continues to state that it cannot find the router's IP address despite the fact that it's hooked up. On that note, the router doesn't seem to pick up that it's connected to the 360, sometimes now. It'll be plugged in, the system will be on, but the LED light corresponding to the connection won't appear on the router. So, I'll unplug it then plug it back up and it returns, but the 360 still cannot find the IP address. Naturally, I've input the address myself after the "Automatic" option seemed to fail me, but even that failed. For argument's sake, this is the error I'm receiving:

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 8001 - 1005

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do in order to fix this situation? Would be greatly appreciated! 

P.S. Not sure if this is relevant, but I live on the east coast, Maryland to be exact, and we were hit by a pretty bad storm Saturday evening... The power seemed to fluctuate quite frequently then. It was Sunday night, when I decided to play the 360 when I discovered it didn't connect anymore. I shrugged the theory of the storm causing it because my PS3 works just fine, still... But, I don't really know. :/

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Does the Xbox 360 acknowledge that an ethernet cable is attached at all?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It acknowledges it to the degree where there's a check on "Wired Connection," however that literally seems to depend on the mood of the console; I have to remove the Ethernet cable a few times and reinsert it for it to pick up the connection, even with that it still gives off the error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well that, coupled with the fact that you weathered a storm, makes me suspicious the ethernet port will need to be repaired. You can check your warranty status and set one up here. Of course, you could always use a wireless connection if you prefer.

Sorry this didn't help.