Xbox - connecting wirelessly, nothing works

I cant get my Windows 7 Home "Premium" machine (WMC) to connect to my Xbox. 4 checkboxes down, but no luck on the last one, the only one that counts, the one that says "connection successful".

So far I have -

Edited Windows Firewall to allow WMC to connect (yeah, turned off from the factory), turned on the pertinent Windows services (also turned off from the factory), reconfigured my router to allow multicasting, connected directly through the router via ethernet, tried my **** to get gpedit.msc to work (doesnt come with Windows Home Premium - no clue why) and about 20 other windows.support ideas ... and I am at a complete and total f*cking loss. I am trying to connect two devices via wireless, just like Marconi did 100 years ago, and just cannot get it to work. I cant help but think if I went Apple like my wife wanted this whole process would have taken all of 10 seconds like it was supposed to.

Is there ANY way that I can get this to work, or am I just out the 75 bucks on this antenna and the past couple days of my life?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey, there's a really great troubleshooting thread in the Audio/Video forum that has *tons* of great content for getting your PC and Xbox 360 to connect. Have you taken a look at that yet? forums.xbox.com/.../30862.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.