Xbox Connecting and then Disconnecting 5 mins later

Hi...having read through the official help solutions which don't actually help this issue, I have need to ask for help from the forums.

I have a Halo3 edition Xbox (old i know, but still working) which when connected to XBL via hardline or wireless will disconnect me from XBL after only a few minutes of using Sky Player, Netflix etc.

The router that is being used in a Virgin Media (UK) SuperHub with a 50MB fibre lease line.

I would be grateful of any help that can be provided, just hoping its not a a "time to buy a new one" issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

i would try to reboot everything. i would first turn off the xbox, unplug your modem and router, wait about 15 secs. then turn on your modem and let it reboot completely, then after your modem is ready  turn you router on and wait a few seconds before turning on your xbox. also i had trouble with this before because my ipad was picking up the signal before my router did and i think that was the trouble , so make sure you turn off all extra (devices) xboxs that run off of that connection. hope it helps. if it doest work i suggest you call or chat with a support member.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

all the above have been tried during this afternoon

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kaos! I understand you are having some issues staying connected to LIVE. Does this only happen when you start up games and apps, or do you get disconnected when simply navigating the dashboard as well? I would suggest downloading your profile again to see if that clears up your issue. If you need them, we have steps for that right here (forums.xbox.com/.../153154.aspx). Let me know if this helps, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.