xbox cant connect to network

I've been trying to connect to my xbox live throught my veriszon air card, and connecting xbox through ehternet cable to my laptop. I was able to get it set up once to my pc with windows but lightning storm blew up my computer. So I'm now trying to get it connected through my laptop (uses windows 7), but have been getting and IP address error. I have gone into the network settings to make sure that it is allowing other devices access to the network. I have tried bridging the connection and that isnt even an option available..I have called verizon but they couldnt help. please help this is the error report that i get .

W: 0000-000b

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L:  8015-1901

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

A: 169.254.242.171/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The 169.254.x.x address shows you are not getting a good IP address. support.microsoft.com/.../978618 has good suggestions in Solution 2: Set your console’s IP settings manually

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Mc Squirelly! If I'm understanding correctly it seems as though you're encountering the error message "IP Address Error". Is that correct? If so, I would encourage you to take a look at this support article titled "Error: Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem" and try the troubleshooting steps listed there. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.