Xbox Cant connect to my network

Ive tried on several accounts so its not my account's fault.

It says i have perfect connection to my network, but when i try to test my connection, it says i can't connect. I check my network and i have 0% connection. Wait a few seconds and all of a sudden perfect connection. Try again to test connection, doesn't connect. Rinse and repeat.

I have tried resetting my modem several times, doesn't work.

Do i need a new xbox or router?

Becuase it only affects my console, not any other devices in my home.

Please help i want to get back to GTA Online.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

[quote user="Iseenotx"]It says i have perfect connection to my network, but when i try to test my connection, it says i can't connect. I check my network and i have 0% connection. Wait a few seconds and all of a sudden perfect connection. Try again to test connection, doesn't connect. Rinse and repeat.[/quote]

Is your console connected wirelessly to your network or do you use a wired LAN cord to connect the console to the router?

If you use a wireless WLAN connection, if possible, connect your console with a LAN cable for testing purposes. If the console then stays connected properly, there is a very high probability, that outside interference is causing your WLAN connection to get disrupted, and the console loses the signal to your router.

Try and download inSSIDer from this website, and check with your PC (if it is WLAN capable) if there are neighboring WLANs broadcasting on the same channel as your WLAN. Keep in mind however, that even if the channel is different, nearby WLAN channels overlap. The only channels NOT overlapping themselves are the channels 1, 6 and 11. So if a neighbor for example has a WLAN broadcasting on channel 4, this WLAN also affects WLANs on channels 1, 2, 3 as well as 4 (obviously), 5, and 6.

Additionally, other wireless devices using the 2.4GHz frequency range, can interfere with your WLAN. For example garage door openers, DECT cordless phones, baby monitors and even Microwave ovens can disrupt your WLAN signal.

And these devices don't have to be in your own home. Your neighbor cooking up some Nachos with cheese in his Microwave might be the culprit disconnecting you.

If you find, that WLAN interference is the culprit, but you can't run a network cable to your router, try a set of homeplug adaptors, that use your home's electrical lines as a wired network. Devolo is the most known maker of homeplugs, but there are others as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.