Xbox can't connect to mac mini network?

I've got an xbox 360 s with built in wi fi which has been working fine until we switched to a non-wireless router after the old wireless one broke.

It's a vodafone smartAX Mt882 which is connecterd with an ethernet cable to our mac mini. The mac mini acts as a wireless hub by using airport which connects  to all our familys' laptops and ipad. But for some reason the xbox cannot connect to the network. I went through all the suggestions on the support page and on the xbox but nothing seems to work. The xbox detects the network but just can't connect. My laptop gets internet in the same room so i'm not sure what the issue is. The xbox has an automatically assigned ip address that starts with 169 which I understand may be a problem but changing it to a manual address like the support suggested hasn't helped. Anyone made this kind of connection work before?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

The address that starts with 169 is an indication that it is not getting assigned an IP address from the router (or Mac Mini in this case). Are you sure that you are entering the WEP password for the network correctly? That is the most likely cause of that issue.

See Solution 3 at support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-obtain-ip-address-router-modem.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi.

I've entered it numerous times making sure to get it correct but no such luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately using the Mac Mini as a wireless hub is not officially supported for Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

SAD

Mark Tedrow

Sorry this didn't help.