Xbox Cannot Read HDD

A few days ago I was playing an indie game and my xbox randomly froze, so I hit the power button... 10 minutes later the xbox was still on, frozen image still on the screen, etc. So, I unplugged the power cord from the back of the console. After plugging it back in and starting it up, it just sat at the Xbox Logo screen for a few minutes. After that, it brought me to the dashboard, but it said 'No Profiles Found' when trying to log in... And when I went to explore my Hard Drive in the System Settings area, it wasn't there.
I was hoping that it was just a temporary thing, so I left it for 3 days. About an hour ago I went to go try it and the same stuff happened. I also plugged it into my brother's xbox and it just sat at the logo screen. Didn't even go to dashboard.

At this point, I think my Hard Drive bummed out... Is there any possible way to get the data off of it before sending it in to Microsoft to get a new one? I have tons of irreplaceable stuff on it and I would hate to lose it all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Oh yeah...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Sagers2"]With a transfer cable??? DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your friend will lose all of his data because when you use a transfer cable to a device such as your HDD to your friends.[/quote]That's not strictly true. If one cancels all the transfer dialog windows the drive shows up in System Settings, Memory as a Transfer Cable device. From there he can pick and choose what files to copy to or from the Transfer Cable device.

Sorry this didn't help.

With a transfer cable??? DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your friend will lose all of his data because when you use a transfer cable to a device such as your HDD to your friends. When you transfer, ALL data on your friends HDD will be formatted and disappear and be gone forever and your HDD data replaces it

Sorry this didn't help.

After retrying it on my brother's xbox, it got to the dashboard. Unfortunately, it still can't read the data... However, it recognizes that there is 38.2GB taken on the Hard Drive and it looks like it may be able to transfer said data to a different hard drive. I'm going to attempt to do this on to my friend's 120GB Hard Drive in a few hours when he comes over. I'm hoping that if I can transfer the data to my friend's hard drive, maybe it will be readable. Then I can format my hard drive and transfer it back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Opps did not even see that last part. Once a Hard drive "bites the dust", Anything on it is pretty much  irretrievable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unplug your Hard drive, Blow into the port and plug for the hard drive. This should clear any dust .and put the HDD back in, see if that helps

Sorry this didn't help.