Xbox can't see music on iPod Touch 5

I just got a newest gen iPod touch 5 for Xmas and was horrified to discover that the Xbox cannot see my music on it. My old iPod nano worked this way so I could play Forza and listen to my own tunes, so I expected this new iPod to be the same. I contacted Apple and they blame you guys, which I believe because my Sony car stereo can access my music just fine. Please fix this right away!!! You have a lot of frustrated iPhone 5 customers, I am sure. I hope this functionality will be coming in a future update.

I have always been a loyal Xbox guy and would hate to see Sony trump you guys in the next gen with something like this. I know you want to push Xbox Music and Windows Phone, but you should still support your customer's needs. I have always loved how well you guys handled the Xbox with little things like listening to my iPod while playing racing games (PS3 can't do that). Please don't abandon that strategy.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

the music on the ipods and iphones is in hidden folders which is why only itunes and select non apple approved programs can access the music on it. i would suggest getting a small cheap 4Gb Usb and using that as xboxes can play music off them.

plug your ipod into a pc, and try to play music off it using windows explorer. you cant. the xbox works the same way.

edit: niether Sony or microsoft can add ipod/iphone support without apple giving them Root access.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not true, since my old iPod Nano works fine on my Xbox, and my Sony car stereo has no problem accessing and browsing my music on the iPod 5. Apple claims Microsoft simply does not add the functionality to try to steer people towards the Windows Phone. Given the evidence I posted, I believe Apple.

I posted this thread to reach out to Xbox to ask them to add the feature in the future. Unless you actually work for Microsoft, thanks anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.