Xbox can't obtain Ip address

I live in an apartment where we have internet with a router for every two apartments and we have no way to get to the router. But I use an ethernet cable to connect my Xbox to the internet because I have no wireless adapter. For the whole day my xbox hasn't been able to obtain an Ip address through the ethernet connection. Its been going on for about 18 hours now. This has happened before but never for this long. Everything else in the apartment that is either connected to the network wirelessly or through the ethernet has been working the whole time. These are the error codes I am getting.

W: 0000-000B

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

A: 169.254.69.199/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The easiest way is try to get access to the router and just reboot/factory reset it. Try your best, but if the other person blocked your MAC Address then there is nothing you can do other than factory reset it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no way I can access the router because it is behind a locked door in the hallway of our apartment building. Also, I don't believe the router is the issue seeing as I connect through the ethernet in my wall and everything else that is connected wirelessly to the router is working fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Jonathan!
[quote user="JonathanMSU"]I connect through the ethernet in my wall and everything else that is connected wirelessly to the router is working fine[/quote]Is this your set up? An Ethernet cable from your console, directly connected to an Ethernet socket on the wall?

Since your console has assigned itself with a link-local-, or Auto IP -address, its clearly that it can't communicate with the DHCP server on the router.

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you try connect your console with a different Ethernet cable, if the current one has become faulty, but also restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

Go to Network Settings and select Configure Network. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to factory defaults.

Restart your console and go to Network Settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll work from there.

Sorry this didn't help.