Xbox can't find wireless adapter

I'm almost sure I need to send my xbox in for service, but I wanted to check opinions before I sent it off and paid the money. 

We had a power surge a couple of days ago, and since then the xbox has been unable to find the wireless adapter.  I have an original Xbox 360, and had an off-brand adapter when this first happened.  I assumed the adapter had been fried, so I went and purchased a new one--a white Xbox adapter with one antenna.  In the back USB port and one of the front USB ports, the red light will come on signaling it's ready for configuring.  Yet when I attempt to connect to wireless networks, it prompts me to plug in a wireless adapter.  Also, the second USB port in the front will not work at all--and upon restarting the Xbox, the adapter red light will go out again and you have to unplug, replug it in to get the light to come back on.  My actual wireless internet is working fine. 

I think the USB ports must not be working properly, which there's not much I can do about but send it in.  I just wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I think by now, that power surge must of fried some part of the xbox. The best bet would just to send it in. Maybe as a last resort, you can try resetting back to factory reset.... but i think that may not fix the issue described entirely.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was afraid that was the case.  Thank you for the answer.  :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried all the ports? Maybe the ones on the front work ok? If so, and you don't mind the adapter sticking out, you could save yourself some downtime.

Sorry this didn't help.