Xbox can't connect to my network.

I have gone through the troubleshooting assistant, for this issue, going through all the trouble even to check my router settings online, only to see that my DHCP (spelling?) was fine. I have recently gotten a new router, and all my other devices can connect without any trouble; My phone, my brothers phone, etc. My Xbox 360 on the other hand, could not connect to the network. I have tried everything, from resetting to default settings (in advanced settings under configurations I believe), to personally inputting the name and password, to the precise letter. Whilst in my router's settings, I noticed it was set to, WPA2 - Mixed, and so in turn set it to WPA2 - Personal/AES. Even after the change, my Xbox 360 could not connect to the network. This is strange, because I have never had such a problem before. I have gone through every suggestion in the Xbox website's network troubleshooting assistant, and still no change. My Xbox 360 is a slim, and when I would go in to configure the network on the Xbox, the DNS, and IP settings would not show up other than 0's. As I said previously, I checked my DHCP settings, and they were all on. I have no idea what could be wrong, if anyone could help me, and needs information about anything in specific, please ask, otherwise thank you ahead of time for any help :).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 118 Applies to:

Hey there SumthingAwsome!

Sorry to hear you can't connect to your new router. That's a lot of info you just hit us with, but we're missing some key details. Can you provide the following info?

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C:

If you need help finding that info you can always read the START HERE post for more details. I'm VERY curious to find out if you're using a wireless connection on Comcast internet. If that's the case you most likely have a bugged gateway. (Have no fear! There are options we can explore.)

Looking forward to hearing more about your connection and getting things up and running!

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in: USA/Massachusetts/Cape Cod

Modem brand & model number: Arris (Cannot find model number its whatever Comcast gave me, and resetting this, will most likely not be a probable option, for fear that my phone settings, etc could get messed up)

Router brand & model number: Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H (Air Station High Power Giga N450)

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter: Xbox 360 Slim internal wireless adapter (whatever came in the black Xbox 360 slim).

Things you have tried: Resetting Router/Setting Password type from WPA2 - Mixed to WPA2 - Personal (The original setting before the new router) and encryption type to AES/

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Unknown (I actually don't even know what UPnP is)

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No.

Any Error Codes you encounter: "Test Failed: There's a problem with your connection. Select More Info for a description of the problem and how to fix it (needless to say it didn't fix it, and also that probably doesn't count as an error code, but I want to be thorough).

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Comacst.  

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 0000

X: 8000 - 0011

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F1

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 0

(There were additional ones, in the Error Status Report, A/G/N, however I did not include them in case you left them out on purpose.)

There is all the information I can find, I hope it is helpful, but if you need more just ask. Thanks a lot, for trying to help me out with this issue :)

Sorry this didn't help.

So it looks like your new Buffalo router's DHCP server isn't responding to the Xbox. This has happened in the past with various routers and a quick Bing search on my end seems to verify that you aren't the first Xbox gamer with the N450 to have this problem.

What I would recommend trying is a manual configuration for your Xbox's IP settings. to set this up just follow these steps!

1. Navigate to the Settings hub on the main dashboard and select System.
  2. Choose the option for Network Settings and select your current network, usually the one with the check mark on the top right.
  3. Select Configure Network and select the section that says IP Settings.
  4. Toggle these settings to Manual and enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway.
  5. After setting these three values save the changes and attempt to Test Xbox Live Connection to see if you can now connect.

• IP Address - Should be in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x format. Choose something far from your PCs address. Example: 192.168.11.150
  • Subnet Mask - 98% of the time this should be 255.255.255.0.
  • Gateway - Varies from router to router. Buffalo typically uses 192.168.11.1.

Let us know how that goes for you and if you have any questions. If the test does fail choose the option for more info and look for the type of error (IE: IP Address Error, DNS Error, Internet Error, Cthulhu Risen Error, etc.)

If you do recieve a DNS Error try setting your DNS Settings under Configure Network to manual as well. For the Primary DNS Server use 8.8.8.8 and for the Secondary DNS Server use 8.8.4.4. These are Public DNS settings provided by Google. Generally if your router can't provide DNS settings they make a decent manual backup.

Hit me up if you have more questions, best of luck!

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Check the Buffalo website to ensure you are using the very latest firmware, if there is a later version please download and install it and try again

Sorry this didn't help.