Xbox can connect to internet but can't connect to Xbox Live

When I try testing my xbox live connection, it starts the last step but fails alittle halfway into it. It says that my xbox is connected to the internet but isn't connected to xbox live and that my firewall might be blocking it. I've tried changing my ports in my interent configuration to the prefered setup and turning my router and modem off and back on but it doesn't help. I'm using a wired connection and have a Wireless-G Broadband Router, Model WRT54GS. Please Help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If you're still experiencing this issue, please take a few minutes to read the questions here and then answer them in your thread. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would suggest doing a very -long- power cycle on your network. Follow these steps and the issue should be cleared up.

1. Go to MY XBOX, click all the way to the right to SYSTEM SETTINGS, and from there select NETWORK SETTINGS. Select your network whether WIRED or WIRELESS.

2. Once in the NETWORK SETTINGS menu, select the CONFIGURE NETWORK option and then click to the right which is ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.

3. Select the RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS (Note: This will only reset your network settings and nothing more) and say YES to the prompt.

4. Shut the Xbox 360 Console off, and then unplug the power to your router (If applicable) and then the power to your modem (If applicable, the idea is to shutdown your network).

5. Wait 5 full minutes. Just let everything sit offline for around five minutes and yes this is important.

6. Turn the modem on first (If applicable) followed by the router afterwards (If applicable). Let them both come all the way back online.

7. Turn the Xbox 360 Console back on and navigate once more to MY XBOX, click to the right to SYSTEM SETTINGS, and then select NETWORK SETTINGS.

8. Select your network again, whether WIRED or WIRELESS (Note: If you have a WIRELESS network, you may be required to enter your wireless passphrase [WEP/WPA/WPA2] once more.

9. Lastly, run the 'Xbox LIVE Connection Test' and see what happens.

Sorry this didn't help.

In my case it is failed.

A progress bar starts between Internet .... XBOX Live however it fails half way through. I'm asking my ISP (actually a college network) whether port 3074 is blocked or not. Port 3074 is used to establish UDP with XBOX Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! As this is a really old thread, can you please create your own, start with the Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx), and be as specific as possible. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.