Xbox buying problems

Hi all I am having problems purchasing items on Xbox live. Ever since I went on the Beta test my Microsoft points have been changed into real currency which I CANNOT spend! I have tried calling Microsoft and they dont even recognise the error code. I have added my debit card and my PayPal details and they work fine but the £11.90 in my Microsoft account is 'greyed' out! This is really getting annoying now and no one seems to have any answers. I have been told to visit the private Beta Forums but every link I've been given leads to nothing or an 'oops something went wrong' screen. Somebody please help Many thanks Shane

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

try deleting your credit card and keep your pay pal account when you buy something off it should ask you pay with account meaning microsoft account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Kruel t 1. I am sorry you are having issues. Try deleting the payment types and purchasing the item with your Currency. after that try re adding your payment types.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys Thanks for the replies

I have tried deleting both my debit cards and my PayPal but it still doesn't work.

Having looked elsewhere on the forums this is apparently not uncommon so hopefully someone at Microsoft is working on it and the problem will be fixed soon.

Cheers

Shane

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kruel,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your payment options.

Where are you trying to purchase that you're showing it "greyed out"?

The currency in your account can be used to buy a variety of Xbox content from your Xbox 360, as well as apps from the Windows Phone Store for users with a Windows Phone 8. You won't be able to make purchases on xbox.com using that currency.

If you're trying to purchase from your console and having this issue, here's some steps that pbot90 suggested that have helped some other users with billing issues:

[quote]Okay, so go onto the xbox website and log in.  Click my account then billing contact information.  Make sure everything is correct.  Now in the top left it will say "Save your billing contact information to skip these steps in the future. We’ll use it to send you email about account billing, purchases, and support. We never share this info, and you can edit it anytime here or at Microsoft Billing Website."  Follow the link and click profile.  Make sure your contact information is correct here as well. [/quote]

Please let us know how everything goes and we'll work from there. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Kruel t 1,

When you go to purchase content, you will see the full price of the item on the Confirm Purchase screen (Example: $19.99). After you change your payment method of your choosing (Debit card in this case), click Confirm Purchase, a screen will appear stating: “Do you want to apply the $X.XX in your Microsoft account toward this purchase, and charge the rest to your [card_type] ****XXXX”. *NOTE* If you select No or hit Back, the full amount is charged to the card and the purchase is completed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks mr fizzle, saw this yesterday in another thread and it worked for me. Thanks very much for the reply :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome Kruel,

That's great to hear. Happy gaming! 

Sorry this didn't help.