Xbox box issues

So I turn on my xbox and normally I would connect to Xbox live automatically , but instead this time I get disconnect before seeing the dashboard , so I go to delete my account and it tells me this action cannot be performed , I even tried moving to to a USB drive , but it also can be performed , but when I eject my xbox hard drive , and use the USB and download my account it works fine , how can I use my xbox hard drive without all the trouble

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Error code 80070020

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there cb2fresh,

That sounds like a file system issue with your console's hard drive. Are you opposed to reformatting the drive and erasing all content? If you can do that, it may resolve the issue. You should be able to do this from the System Settings and then "Storage".

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just as DrakkenSaer, try reformatting your hard drive. If you have another xbox hard drive, transfer all the games, themes, pics, and such, but don't transfer the profiles that are Xbox Live enabled. Then redownload the Live profiles.

If you don't have another hard drive, you can use usb dribes, but depending on the amount of data (games saves and/or dlc), you may need more than one. I had a similar issue, and come to find out my hard drive was basically toast. Luckily I was able to retrieve the data before it failed completely.

Sorry this didn't help.