Xbox Back Door to Family Timer

My son has figured out a way to hack into the family timer settings by using the controller keys in a certain order.

I see that there are others complaining about this issue. I am wondering if there is a fix for this yet.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Seeing as these options are supposed to go away with the family pack on the 27th, I doubt there is a fix.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its simple, if you can not rely on the Family Settings then just take the console out his room, that's the best security, no console, no access, simples

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you’re having the issue.  If you’re very serious about your child’s access, there is a way to limit the child’s access. It’s not as clean as the Family Timer color code setting but may be effective for you.

Here’s what you might do - require as password to access the Xbox. You will have to enter the password each time your child accesses the Xbox console and keep the password from your child:

1. Change your account (or your child’s account) password. You can do this on your PC (not your Xbox) as not to alert the child to your determination to limit his/her access. You can change your account password at this link: support.xbox.com/.../change-microsoft-account-password which will walk you through some security information for the console and guide you through the password change.

Be sure that your account proofs are up-to-date. Optionally you can require another password to access the Xbox console through Two Step Verification. The Xbox will require another (separate) password in order for the console to be accessed.

2.  If your child has access to the email address associated with the account you can create a live.com email address at the account information screen.  Have all of your account information come to the live.com address you create which will be password protected with the password you just created.

3. Now you’re set to require a password to access the Xbox. On the Xbox navigate to Settings, then Profile, then Account Security, then password sign in and select “require password here”.

The console will now require the password you created in step one above (or the password created in the Two Step Verification) in order to be accessed.

I know it’s a hassle but it might serve your purpose until the Family Timer code issue is fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

While that will prevent the child from accessing the console without permission, it does not deal with the issue of limiting how much time the OP's child can have that acess when granted.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ what HyruleBalverine is correct, like i said just take the console away physically what could be better security than that its physically not there to use

Sorry this didn't help.