XBOX auto shut down! Need Help!!!

I'm having a prolem with my XBOX 360 Slim. It suddenly shut down after i turn it on for about a minute and then the middle circle green light keep blinking for about 10 times or less and then turn off. Can someone tell me what happened to it and how do i fix it please.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:
[quote user="DukeNguyen297"]

I'm having a prolem with my XBOX 360 Slim. It suddenly shut down after i turn it on for about a minute and then the middle circle green light keep blinking for about 10 times or less and then turn off. Can someone tell me what happened to it and how do i fix it please.

[/quote]I think that is the feature that replaced the RRoD light display when your Xbox was faulty (but i'm not 100% sure), i would contact Customer Support and explain your situation to them and ask for a repair if it is indeed a fault and if your console is still within warranty.

If you want to investigate this issue further before contacting Customer Support click this.

I appreciate your help! But my doesn't have the red ring or anything i was able to play it again but then the problem occur again. Only the green light in the middle flashing for less than 10 times and then off, and the bad thing is my xbox no longer have the warranty lol.

Do you have it directly plugged into the wall outlet or are you using an extension cord? If it is directly into an outlet, try plugging it into a different one. Mine does the flashing when I shut it down and i have a charge and play cord plugged into my controller.

It could be faulty wires or a power supply problem which can be easily replaced. I'm betting on that it has been sucking in too much dust and the heat sink has a carpet attached to it. If it's the heat sink being dirty, just clean it.

They are right, sound like the power supply.

Demente Dame explained you how to test your power supply.

The flashing light after you turn it of will always happen if you have background downloads enabled.

Thanks everyone for the help. Demented Dames, I plug the cord directly into the wall to use it and i even open my xbox slim to clean the inside then put it back, i can turn it on the lights on the console are normal everything is alright but it still turn off after i turn it on for awhile and im sure that there is no RRoD around the middle light, and 1 more thing that after it turn off for a while it auto turn on again. I think the problem is the power supply look like i have to get a new 1.

it turn off and then on and off by itself now.

It is playing with you ;)

What color has your power supply light?

Green and i think the problem is the sensor thinggy in the front, i unplug the thing inside the xbox. I can't touch my xbox anymore, have to open the tray with my controller now.

This may not be your problem, though I had a similar experience with a busted power supply.