xbox asking for my email every time and saying incorrect

My xbox keeps telling me to enter my email address and when I do it says its incorrect. I have cleared my cache and I'm still having this issue. I know the email and password is correct because I can sign in on xbox.com. so what's the problem?  Never had this problem in all the years I've had my xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey DrknessAwaitsU,

Check your storage device for any corrupted profiles that might be showing on there and be sure to delete them. Also, I would try clearing your system cache and even rolling back your system update by pressing LB + RB + X + LB + RB + X at your storage device screen and then following the on screen prompts.

You could also have an issue with your Microsoft Account, try visiting account.live.com and signing in while using internet explorer to see if there are any prompts that show on your screen. Try resetting the password to your account as well.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Drkness! 

Try out these steps posted by one of our awesome Ambassadors, Taidara:

"

If you haven’t already, start by adding security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is crucial to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provides.

When this information has been added and updated, we can now start focus on the next steps, delete your profile, clear system cache and finally, recover your profile from LIVE.

How to delete Xbox LIVE profile safely

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache 

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. Important: Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.