Xbox as Media Center Extender

I've got a central media center PC with a HDHomeRun tuner card on the network. I use two Xbox 360's (one Elite and one Slim) as extenders to my two televisions. For whatever reason, only the Elite works without issues. The Slim will stall randomly (sometimes often, sometimes rarely). See here: 

Freezing occurs at 0:27.

The Xboxs, HDHomeRun, and PC are all on a wired connection. 

My configuration is the following: 

Gateway GM5664 
- 3GBs RAM 
- Upgraded MOBO 
- Phenom 9600 Quad Core 
- Upgraded ATI Radeon HD5700 
- GigE Realtek PCI Ethernet Controller 

(1) Xbox Slim 
(1) Xbox Elite 

(Primary) Asus RT-N56U router. 
(Secondary) Monoprice 8 Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Desktop Gigabit Ethernet Switch

Primary Router has: 
Internet connection to router
Patch cable between router and switch 
Two WIFI networks at 2.4GHz and 5 GHz 

Switch has: 
Media Center PC
Both Xboxes
HDHomeRun 
AT&T Microcell 

I worked with SiliconDust (the Tuner manufacturer) and they noticed if I isolate the problem, connecting only the tuner, PC, and a single xbox into the RT-N56U router, the problem still exists. If I adjust the network card to run at 100Mbit Full Duplex, the Xbox can't connect to the PC at all-- although I can RDC into the PC from my Mac no issue. 

Any ideas? Tried things like changing the PC's ethernet card from Auto Neg to GigE Full Duplex with no effect. Also replaced the RealTek NIC card in the PC with a new Intel one with no effect. Swapped out the router with an old 100MBit one, no change.

I also tried wiping the PC and putting a clean install of Windows 8 on there. No effect. That is what the PC is currently running. I've got Windows Defender, Anti-virus, and Windows Firewall all disabled trying to resolve the issue.

I've had a few false alarms where the problem goes away for a few days, but it always comes back-- 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have viewed the youtube you posted and i would suggest calling 18004myxbox and have them trouble shoot it for you, without having the tools to diagnose we really cant do much.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.