Xbox and wpa

Hi. i was wondering if the newer xbox could support wpa format. im trying to get my nat type frm moderate to open but i cant figure out how. im thinking it has something to do with my router type. can you help

Question Info

Last updated September 29, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

You should get the appropriate NAT settings here: support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

I would also suggest looking out the instruction manual for your router to help you with finding the NAT settings on the router.

Your WPA/WPA2 is set on your router. if you are having trouble connecting to your router via WIFI and receiving a WPA error then you might have entered your WIFI password incorrectly. However as WPA is a security protocol I don't see why Microsoft won't support it with the Xbox One.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For help changing your NAT from strict to moderate, please take a few minutes to work through the steps in this post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please look at the link Mister Fitzer provided, and to clarify about WPA, the Xbox adapters support WPA and WPA2 but that side of it has no bearing on your NAT status, just in case that is what you were thinking

HTH

Sorry this didn't help.