Xbox Ambassador Service on your resume?

Would you include being an xbox ambassador on your resume. It is voluntary, and you help anyone in need.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If I wanted to make sure I didn't get the job and look like a complete dork, then yes.

Are you kidding me? Anyone who wants to add that to a resume needs a slap in the face.

-

Interviewer: "So I see here that you have Xbox Live Ambassador, what is that and how did you get involved?"

-

You: "Well, I was on Xbox.com and I filled out my name and gamertag and clicked submit, and then a week later I got an email saying I was in."

-

*never gets call back...

Uh.....no. Also, that has to be one of the worst gamertags I have seen since I've been on XBL.

This question was asked in the ambassador forums a couple of months ago.  The consensus was no, you should not add it to your resume.

Voluntary support worker for a major gaming brand.

-

Hard to see why that would look bad on your CV/Resume.

-

"what does that involve?" " I was the first point of contact for people looking for help with their Microsoft product, asking questions to identify the exact problem and to ensure I had the correct response."

-

It is often not what you put but how you put it.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Voluntary support worker for a major gaming brand.

-

Hard to see why that would look bad on your CV/Resume.

-

"what does that involve?" " I was the first point of contact for people looking for help with their Microsoft product, asking questions to identify the exact problem and to ensure I had the correct response."

-

It is often not what you put but how you put it.

[/quote]

Honestly, maybe 2 years ago they could have used this on a resume. Maybe even 3 years ago. But the Ambassador Program has gone down the drain recently. Most people considered an "ambassador" don't know the basics of the forum or Xbox. Thus, they can't help anyone.

Then don't mention Ambassadors. Mention you are an 'Xpert'.

-

Play up the customer support angle and that you are the first point of contact for the customer (something that is VERY important).

-

I got my first job by putting I was involved in direct retail distribution. I was a paperboy.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Then don't mention Ambassadors. Mention you are an 'Xpert'.

-

Play up the customer support angle and that you are the first point of contact for the customer (something that is VERY important).

-

I got my first job by putting I was involved in direct retail distribution. I was a paperboy.

[/quote]

Very true. Wording is everything. I have never made a resume before, so haven't needed anything like that :p

I would say yes, put it on your resume.

make sure you tell them you had to click your mouse a whole 5 times to get accepted.

also practise the phrase "would you like fries with that"

[quote user="PrezBarack0bama"]Would you include being an xbox ambassador on your resume. It is voluntary, and you help anyone in need.[/quote]

Well, you're not helping people "in need". That would be a church or soup kitchen. You're offering advice/ potential answers to questions that any non-Ambassador can also provide.