XBOX ADD SECURITY OPTION

Dear X-Box Team,

I want to thank you so very much for forcing my profile offline and adding a new security feature that requires me to go on my PC and deal with giving you information that I don't want to give you. I also want to thank you for not allowing me to use the email address that I already provided when I signed up.

The fact that you are trying to force me to give you further information about myself so I can keep using my X-Box live Account is total crap. If you want to build loyal customers you need to give us options, not force this down our throats. At least with my Google account, it asks if I want added security features.

Regards,

You X-Box live customer for 7 years and ending.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="RatCityLoco"]

Dear X-Box Team,

I want to thank you so very much for providing a way to make my account basically hacking proof, by using a second set of information that a hacker would be required to compromise as well, if he wanted to hijack my account. I also want to thank you for not allowing me to use the email address that I already provided when I signed up, because otherwise a hacker would only have to break into ONE email account to take over my Live account.

The fact that you are trying to force me to give you further information about myself so I can keep using my X-Box live Account is a stroke of genius, otherwise people wouldn't really understand the benefits these added security measures provide for my account, and would cause them to complain about it, if their accounts were stolen. If you want to build loyal customers you need to do that, as people less knowledgeable than me will lose their accounts to phishers, hackers or other malicious people. At least with my Google account, it asks if I want added security features, but since a lot of people actually lost money from having their accounts stolen, and hackers buying games with the stolen account, it totally makes sense.

Regards,

You X-Box live customer for 7 years and staying one in the future, because a hacker wouldn't be able to hijack my account and associated payment options with this added layer of security.

[/quote]

Hello RatCityLoco. I took the liberty to fix your post. You're welcome. Have a nice day and an even more secure time on Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.