xbox 720

hi

i.m hearing it wont play older 360 games cause microsoft don't like retailers making money off of trade in or people giving the games to friends stuff like that if the new xbox console wont play older games i will refuse to buy it or they can do this. make it not play games older then 2010 something like that....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm pretty sure it will be compatible with older games. just like the 360 im sure a 720 will be able to support 360 games. Also this isn't much of a support question. This probably would have been better to post in like the general discussion. I'm not making any promises on whether Microsoft is going to make older games compatible but looking at their history I would be surprised if they didn't.

A better place to have posted this: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

it wont cme out it was comeing out on 2012 but no no no no no no no no no!!

Hello GENERAL ZOD XX,

This forum is meant for people to post for support with connecting to Xbox LIVE.  I'm going to move this thread to the appropriate forum, Xbox General Discussion.

@kill3603 Whoever said it was coming out in 2012 is obviously not a reliable source. If it was supposed to come out this year microsoft would have made it big and actually advertised it. not do it through some third party website. It wasn't going to come out this year.

After what Epic claimed earlier this year, I hope Microsoft takes all the time they can. If I'm going to be stuck with the same console for another 8 or so years, I want it to be all that it can be.

The next-gen Xbox will more than likely be using a blu-ray drive to play games and seeing as to how current games run on regular DVD CD's I'm not sure they will be compatible.

I hope there is backwards compatibility. Although I probably won't buy it anyway.

I don't think it will personally. Hardware compatibility costs money. I would expect selected games will be made compatible in the same way Xbox games were for the 360.

It will run 360 games. I read an article which stated it'll improve older games. Forza 4 has textures on the disc too detailed for the 360 to run (apparently) but pop it in the new xbox and its supposed to improve the visuals.

This doesn't seem right. Blu ray players play dvds just fine. PS3 plays PS2 games just fine. So an xbox with a blu ray drive should play 360 dvds just fine unless they go the route sony did and disable backward compatibility through software means.