Xbox 720... save us from PS4 media saturation

I don't know if it's the terrible controller (STOP, WE DON'T NEED TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLLERS, SERIOUSLY) , the part where they bragged about their amazing graphics capability and then showed us more content that would run on a PS1 like at E3, or the fact it's quickly becoming over-hyped simply because it's the next big thing and the media won't stop rambling on and on and on about their excitement but I really can't wait to stop hearing about it already. The best part was the re-packaged, re-named Minecraft with nothing that made Minecraft what it is. No digging, no creeps, spiders, lava etc etc just tossing blocks around. I really wish Xbox would showcase their plans so that we at least had some console news we can get excited about. Sure the PS4 is exciting but not because it's Sony who I remember how many terrible experiences I have had with their customer service and console/network issues, I'm excited because we're moving on to the next gen and on that note.... I really wish Xbox would save us from the flood of PS3 media hype...  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just looked at the controller and i do not really know what i have to say about it. It still seems to be to small for my tastes.

I agree about the small part but I am kinda pushed off by the touchscreen to. It's like devs, consoles are trying too hard. Why would I need a touch screen on my controller? That's what buttons are for.

Only wii u has touch screen, ps4 it's a touch pad. Similar you see on laptops. Touchpad is much cheaper and wont drain the battery so im okay with that considering how easy it could make moving the cursor on a web browser or whatnot

Looks like the next gen Xbox will take 1 more year from now on. Sony is scared that is why they just showed cut scene and no actual gameplay. I mean they named a release date and have shown nothing. Their new controller is still a problem and not shaped right. They also did not show if the controller can be plugged into a USB port or not.

So if there is no USB port for the controller maybe also not for the rest of the console.

Which means all the music you wanna listen to need to be bought at sony.  

I better wait for Xbox to show anything and shock us with cool new stuff in the end :)

[quote user="jollyroger1721"]I don't know if it's the terrible controller (STOP, WE DON'T NEED TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLLERS, SERIOUSLY) [/quote]It's a touchpad, not a touchscreen.[quote]and then showed us more content that would run on a PS1 like at E3,[/quote]If an original PlayStation could pull off what was shown at the event, I would have bought one.[quote]The best part was the re-packaged, re-named Minecraft with nothing that made Minecraft what it is.[/quote]The Witness? It's been in development and covered a few times already. It's not "Minecraft".[quote user="HaloJolly"]Sony is scared that is why they just showed cut scene and no actual gameplay.[/quote]Sony showed several real time demos, including Knack and the next Killzone.[quote]They also did not show if the controller can be plugged into a USB port or not.[/quote]They provided detailed pictures of the controller to the press. There's a micro USB port on the front for charging. The spec sheet for the console lists USB 3.0.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

Sony is scared that is why they just showed cut scene and no actual gameplay.

[/quote]

Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Watch Dogs showed gameplay. There were also snippets of gameplay footage in the DriveClub video. The remainder was apparently running on prototype hardware. Do remember it was an early reveal. Why show too much when you can roll out news throughout the year?

oh ps3 guys on xbox forums, I think your confused about where you are....

xbox cannot save us from the media of ps4 PSN is going to spend every dime they have to make this the biggest thing in the media that they can muster, simply because they know they are a dying Giant.

First of all, I am an Xbox fanboy. I have been following every Xbox 720, Durango, Loop, Infinity rumor since maybe 2010. My mind is tired. I need something material to wrap my mind around. Playstation 4 finally gave a taste of next-gen and I had to watch. There were some things I just kind of smirked at (the controller). But other features, like sharing clips and instant streaming with Gaikai, were amazing. And don't get me started on Destiny. If there is one game I will be playing more than any other on my Xbox, it will be Destiny. But, I digress.

What I want now is an Xbox event. Just make it happen! Just show me something! Show me a chip, a general release date (Holiday 2013), a silhouette of the controller! But, most of all, Microsoft, show me you can bring it! Give Sony a taste of their own medicine and more. I want to be able to once again tell my Playstation-loving friends "yeah, I can do that too... and also this!" Let's do it!

We don't need anything touch on controllers besides buttons... I don't care if it's a touchscreen or a touch PAD. (APPLES TO APPLES KIDS) When I said PS1 I was being facetious commenting on how much the new system claims and then they show us animated, not cg game production like Knack. Some of the things they showed looked sexy (that being Killzone and Watch Dogs) but Watch Dogs looks just as sexy for the 360 and that says something... Also if you would rather play Killzone than Halo, Gears you're on the wrong forum. Gears looks waaaay better then Killzone because it's Gears and it does shooting right. @listed mia 510: absolutely agree. I think Sony console gaming will continue it's decline.

just look at it this way,  the new xbox is a sleeping giant when it comes to console gaming and connecting online. I did not even bother to watch the ps4 vids " in all honesty " simply because I do not care. I know that when the time is right and xbox has what it needs to uphold the expectation of keeping players connected and sharing. that we will see them awaken and stretch out and snatch up many more members than it already has.

btw please stop calling it 720 that is so corny and out of style, this whole series thing has gotten out of hand,  just so you know rumor has it that it will simply be called XBOX being that it should be becoming its own division in Microsoft.