Xbox 4 Gb Slim Freezing

Okay, so this is what has happened for the past few weeks. Whenever I turn on my xbox, it freezes at the same point. It freezes when it loads the xbox dashboard every time, right after the account signs in, and I have had no way around it yet. I've tried getting to system settings before it freezes, but now it freezes at that page. I've been able to start the disc before the dashboard shows up, but now, if the game has an intro video, it starts that, stops it 2 seconds in, and repeats itself, so I can't play the game either. The only time I get when the xbox is even on is when I go to recent games and play one of the trials I have, and those games fully work. I've cleared my hard drive's cache, my xbox doesn't overheat (no rings and a week of not playing it), I'm pretty sure it isn't xbox live because I can access live while playing a trial game, I'm very careful with it and it's not damaged, and I don't have warranty anymore (it's barely over a year old). The problem originally started a month ago, my xbox started freezing during games I was playing, and sometimes it wouldn't and I could play them. But now, it freezes any time it tries to load the dashboard. Any logical advice or resolution? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there Salt My Sackk,

Sorry to hear this is happening but let's go ahead and take a close look at our specific screen freeze troubleshooter for this particular issue and see if any of the suggestions here are able to help. Let us know what happens!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Only erases the updates (all of them, only system updates!!!)

If that don´t work...

Try one last thing before contact support requerin fix.

Remove your 250 GB hard drive and play normaly (if you want don´t save notihing) if don´t freezes the culpit is your hd and you to buy another; exist a 320 GB model in sale; and try before that change copy in your xbox many arquives you can to a USB flash drives; you will needs a lot...but the maximum capacity is 32GB of that type of dispositive...).

P.S: Don´t worry you can remove hd because the new models (and the older ones too) have a internal memory and the systems updates stay there., and what remove all data is format your hard drive, please DON´T DO THAT!!!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english (again!) it´s self learnerd.

Sorry this didn't help.

sometimes there are problems with hard drives, but there isn't a difference when it's cleaned or when it's in or not in the xbox. There are only 2 GB out of 250 used on my hard drive. I think it could be a bad update, does returning to fab definitions erase all the memory? Where is it in system settings? I only get 2 seconds to function in the system settings before it freezes

Sorry this didn't help.

The option one to solution your problem you tried (clean the memory cahe).

That leave me a make a question?

How much you used of your memory? (If you have used more than 3,5GB, maybe the memory it´s to busy of data, and that make the time to buy a hard drive!).

If not have resolve, only one thing i still suspect (if not included a malfuction)a bad system update, in that case go to settings and use the option to return to fab definitions and wait (much time) to download the update again!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english it´s self learnerd.

Sorry this didn't help.