Xbox 360s rebooting when logging into Xbox Live

Today I turned on my Xbox for the first time in a week or so today, and it was bugging out, rebooting itself as soon as I got logged into Xbox Live.

I tried unplugging the ethernet cable from the Xbox, and I'm able to play any game offline, watch downloaded videos, etc.

When I plugged the cable back in and tried to sign in again, same deal.

After a quick google search, I came across this thread: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/p/35912/229044.aspx and decided to check my downloads. I then realized that the last thing I'd done was watch episode 6 of the latest season of The Guild (Revolving Doors), and had chosen to download it after watching it. I went into my video library, found the partially downloaded episode, and deleted it. I then plugged in the ethernet cable once again, signed into Xbox Live, and voila! Problem solved!

Wanting to be scientific about it, I decided to see if I could figure this out. I hopped into the game marketplace, and downloaded a trailer for Gears of War 3. No problems detected, download completed. I then went back to the Zune Video marketplace and tried to download the same episode of The Guild again. Once I hit the "download" button, it rebooted, and continued on the same reboot cycle until I unplugged the ethernet cable, deleted the file, and re-signed in to Xbox Live.

So I now want to know if that episode is just a corrupted file, or if I am now forced to have a hole in my collection of The Guild videos on my harddrive from now until the end of eternity?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You may wish to let Zune support know that there seems to be a problem with that particular episode.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I take that back, the fix only seemed to work for the day. Same deal today, without anything in the download queue now. It keeps rebooting itself, sometimes while logging into Xbox Live, sometimes immediately after logging in.

Disconnecting my Xbox from my router fixes the problem, which then creates the problem of me not being able to play games online, download videos, watch Netflix, or do anything else I normally do...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.