Xbox 360s E68 question

So my slim console got the E68 error, and I figured out it's due to my hard drive (250g). Whenever the hard drive is in the console I get the error, and I know I have to get a new hard drive, but I was wondering if there was any way I could get all of my saves and data off of my corrupt hard drive. I can't use it in an xbox because I get the virus so there's no way to transfer from xbox to xbox. Am I just screwed and I have to restart every single game?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

The E68 error is not a virus OP, putting the HDD into another console would not damage it.

Currently there is not a transfer lead that can be used from S model HDD's. If no other suggestions are given it might be an idea to phone support. They may have some suggestions as to what you could do.

PS. Sometimes E68 can be caused by the console from what I have seen before,(the connection from HDD to console is faulty).
Do you know anyone who would let you try your HDD in their unit just to make sure 100% it is the HDD and not an issue with your 360?.

Also was your HDD bought with the console as a unit?, if so & it is under 1 year since the purchase date it will be covered by the consoles warranty. So you would definitely want to phone support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the idea of using another console but I literally don't know a single person that owns a slim console :/ and yes they were bought together as a unit, however it was July 19th last year so my warranty just ran out almost exactly a month ago :/ I'll probably end up just buying a new HDD

Sorry this didn't help.

We have exactly the same problem, the problem is not with affording a new HDD, but our precious save data!!!

Sorry this didn't help.