I have a XBOX 306S and it has worked very well until yesterday. I mainly use the xbox as a upnp client for watching media from my twonky media server, yesterday when I sat down to watch a movie - I could not see the server, so I bounced twonky assuming that the server software was the issue and restarted the xbox to be sure.
Now I see the server and all the content is there, I start watching a movie and it stops after 30 seconds (and weirdly enough kicks me off xbox live).
At this point I start paying attention to what is really going on....so far these are the steps taken so I KNOW its the xbox....
1. Watch media on a second xbox in the house (old style external wireless) no issues.
2. Watch media on PS3 no issues.
3. Change from wireless network to another SSID within my network NO DICE !!!
4. Change for wireless to wired .... NO DICE !!!
5. Reset the network to factory settings ...... NO DICE !!!
6. Download a trial game from live (15 meg or so), to see if I can cause a network issue in some way ... seems to download fine ... but then after a while I see XBOX live go offline....
Ive watched the whole movie on my other xbox and ps3 no issus, wired connection doesn't help it not just wireless .... is it another heat issue ?..
The xbox is in a cabinet but the power supply is outside ... Ive moved it outside (very good ventilation, but the issue persists)...