Xbox 360S cycles through content by itself

The Xbox is fine on the main screen. I can sign in fine and navigate through the listings on top..Bing, Home, Games, etc. fine, but after I enter into Netflix  it scrolls to the right very rapidly by itself. Also, if I try to play a game from disk, as soon as it enters game play, it scrolls itself. On MW3, for example, the gun points to the sky and Frost spins in a circle. I tried clearing the system cache, 3 different controllers, restarting, unplugging the Kinect, unplugging the system, waiting 2 hours for the system to cool down if it was a heat issue, testing my connection to force a system update, and pulling my hair..nothing is working!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

that's sounds like interference between controller and xbox I would suggest ringing xbox support directly as you may need a console repair

america support xbox

Xbox Support

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102 Games for Windows Support Toll free: (877)-274-4349

Hours of operation:

9 am to 1 am Eastern Time

6 am to 10 pm Pacific Time

united kingdom xbox support

Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00 Saturday: 08:00-19:00 Sunday: 09:00-17:00 Phone numbers 020 7365 9792 or 0800 587 1102 Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 0800 5871103

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Might be a controller issue. Very used controllers tend to get the analog to stick a bit to one direction. Try to Roll both Analog sticks to sort of unstick and recenter the analog sticks. Or better yet replace the controller for a new one. Mine sometimes get stuck a bit to the right and my character looks to the right very very slowly.

In MW3 try to adjust the look sensitivity to the lowest possible setting. If then your character slowly looks upward to the sky then i guess the analog sticks need repair. Adjusting the sensitivity to a higher setting will make your character look up to the sky way faster than the lower sensitivity settings. This is a clear sign of old controllers that needs replacment. If ever your controller is still new then hopefully you can exchange it for a new one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.