Xbox 360S CD Tray randomly opens and closes

I have the black shiny 360 s with the internal hard drive...

I'm pretty sure its out of warranty (even though there is barely any hours on it)...

I will be playing a game and it will start beeping like crazy and opening an closing the cd tray.. some times this will go on for five minutes or more.. enough to drive you crazy!

I have tried cleaning the touch button faceplate with a soft cloth as well as rubbing alcohol.. it still keeps happening.. 
Since i have had it more than a year warranty is out of the picture.. Has anyone else found a fix for this? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

try clearing your system cache 3 times, turn off your xbox unplug everything wait 5 minutes and than see if the problem still exists

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

mine is doing the same thing, and of course its out of warranty. constantly opens and closes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the original console and it does something similar except it only happens once. Also it has trouble actually ejecting a disc so I have to manually eject after it decides it wants to eject by itself.

I'll try the solution posted above and write back later to see if it fixed the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Last night i cleared the cache 3 times, unpluged it for an hour or two..   played a game for a few hours no issues.

Tonight i'm watching a movie and mid show it started to have crazy eject fit again. (xbox was off. until it woke up and started beeping like crazy and brining the tray in and out.)

Any other ideas how to fix a possessed eject button?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Shiftline

Thanks for bringing us your question. We'd love to help get the console behaving properly with you. Since you're on an S console, the button is touch sensitive. Have you tried cleaning it with a soft, dry cloth while unplugged? Might need to clear that off to get this going.

Are there any other accessories attached to the console? Can we remove everything, including hard drive to see if that helps? Any change at all? 

It's also worth leaving the console unplugged for a full 24 hours & then plugging it back in to a different outlet, direct to the wall. What happens? 

Let us know how this goes, we'll be here for you.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried cleaning with a soft cloth as well as with tubbing alcohol to remove any oils.

This has not helped.  There is a kinect hooked up. No external drives, only the stock internal one.

I will try disconnecting the connect and leaving it unplugged for 24/h then test again.

Sorry this didn't help.