I'm in the USA - Kansas

Aaris TM602G/115 Modem

Linksys ES500 Router

Using internal wireless

uPnP is disabled

No known NAT errors

ISP is Alegiance

MTU - Auto (1500)

I think I may have an internal wireless issue here, but I want to check with you fine folks first.

When I scan for networks, sometimes only 1 will pop up. Sometimes 7 pop up. (there are alot of networks around me) Mine does not always come up on the list, and when it does at times the bars are all white.

I've set the router to allow the MAC Address, and have given the XBOX a static IP (within the range of my router)

192.168.0.185 (IP) - 255.255.255.0 (subnet mask)- 192.168.1.1 (Gateway)

When I can see the network, I can "usually" get online. However the SSID of my network is not always visable.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Type - Static IP 192.168.1.185

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will give it a try tomorrow, when I have time to mess with it again. I think a secondary issue I have, is I need to move my router. Being in Kansas, we have a "safe room". It is between the Xbox, and the router. The thick, solid walls can also be an issue.

This isnt the first time I've had this probelm from the 360 though. So, that's not the root cause.

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually have this problem with other video gaming platforms and I think its a router not letting it connect issue.  The way I get this to permanently fix is to show the SSID connect to the network, Connect to the internet (or in this case Xbox Live), then once online hide my SSID again.  Give that a shot an if it doesn't work let me know and we'll figure this thing out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually have this problem with other video gaming platforms and I think its a router not letting it connect issue.  The way I get this to permanently fix is to show the SSID connect to the network, Connect to the internet (or in this case Xbox Live), then once online hide my SSID again.  Give that a shot an if it doesn't work let me know and we'll figure this thing out.

Sorry this didn't help.