Xbox 360E console won't connect to wireless network

My new Xbox 360 E recognizes that there is a wireless network, and it tries to connect but doesn't get past the first stage of the network test. It works fine when connected via ethernet cable, just not through the wifi connection.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Australia, NSW

Modem brand & model number: Belkin Modem/router - F567631

Any Error Codes you encounter: 

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 0000
X: 8000 - 0011
Y: 0000 - 0000
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: 0000 - 0009
L: 0015 - 10F1
Q: 8007 - 0435
T: Wireless
D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0
S: WPA2
C:

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey r c takedown.

-

This is definitely a Wi-Fi signal issue (your console isn't getting enough Wi-Fi signal to maintain a stable connection). The clear indicator of this is that connecting via ethernet cable doesn't give you any problems.

-

To improve Wi-Fi signal, you'll need to do one (or both) of these things:

1. Move the console and/or network hardware to increase line of sight between your console and your Wi-Fi router..

2. Turn off other wireless devices to minimise Wi-Fi interference.

-

If neither of those help (or if you're unable to move your console and/or network hardware), just stick with the wired connection. You'll have a more stable Xbox Live connection (particularly for streaming video and online multiplayer) if you connect via ethernet cable anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks PalZer0, i'll try your suggestions and if it fails i might just stick to the wired connection. The router is literally about 5 feet away from the Xbox, separated by a wooden cabinet so i don't see why the signal would be so weak, but i don't know what else the issue could be. When at the network connection screen, it shows full signal bars for my wireless network, but still fails to connect.

I would like to be able to use the xbox's wireless capabilities, but i guess i'll just have to go with the ethernet cable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.