Xbox 360's latest update rant!

So the Xbox 360 consoles gets an update, cool right?

WRONG!

Apps (IE, Youtube etc) WILL NOT launch properly. Try to open IE or any app and what you get is. "Download again." So you DL it again and...

"Download again." - WHAT??

I thought you guys put the xbox 360 in the "Preview program" in order to test things and work out the bugs BEFORE you released them? Guess not!

There is an old saying. "If you can't do it right, then don't do it at all." Yet you (MS's Xbox Division) sought to do this goof-up so close to the 360's 10th anniversary?

FORSHAME!

Yes, I know Ambassadors. "No-One at Microsoft's Xbox division even reads these threads." - However, their has to be a way of letting them know about glitches such as these, and not being able to even visit a wikipedia page via IE on the console. 

Support can't help. They are simply their to run through a host of checks, but if the checks don't result in anything, then what are you're options? Send in a 6 year old (Out of warranty) console for repair?

How about Microsoft's Xbox division simply patching their untested/poorly released updates?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="ElectroFlying"]I thought you guys put the xbox 360 in the "Preview program" in order to test things and work out the bugs BEFORE you released them? Guess not![/quote]

The preview program is on the Xbox One, not the 360.

There was a dashboard preview recently for the Xbox 360 and the new update just has gone live to everyone. It has been in preview for several months.

If memory serves, and I think it does because I was somewhat involved in getting 2tb external support 4 the xbox 360 implimented. In fact 3 days after I begun a thread on the subject, votes in favor of TB sized external HDD support increased enough to have MSXBD take not only a fresh look at it, but also to announce its implimentation some weeks/months later.

Around the time of the last console update which brought with it the 2tb external HDD support. Major Nelson also announced the preview program for the 360.

I was invited but did not accept for fear of bricking my 360 console which was out of warranty by some two or more years, and having to budget for everything in live. I simply cannot afford a brick.

Fast forward to the present day.

With this latest update, apps - which I use the 360 for most often - simply will not launch without having to jump through hoops 1st.

With links that I had saved where MN announced the PP on the 360 now saying. 'You have found a glitch' it will be hard for me to show the proof. But I will keep trying.

Quick search via Bing for 'Xbox 360 preview program' shows clearly that on March 2nd 2015. Major Nelson did in fact announce a PP for the 360.

I would post a link but cannot do so while using IE via the 360.

360 users: In order to get IE etc, etc, etc to launch. Wait until the app shows (Play now) and 50% of the time the app will then launch. If not, click B and try again.

It's the only way I have found to launch them on the 360.

I haven't tried launching IE, but Netflix works fine for me after the update.

I used Hulu and the History app last night with no issues. Seems like I launched another one too but I can't remember which one.  

After days of fideling through apps, I just today tried going to games > on demand. And all I get when clicking on a game of interest is a loading screen.

Checked XBL connection via the console and everythings working fine. Went back and retried on demand and all it will do is show loading. Nothing comes up.

So, I figured. What the heck, I'll play one of my GWG, or purchased games and...

Loading, loading, loading there as well.

B4 this 'Update.' - Nothing like that happened. Which tells me that all these problems were caused by this latest update.

I mean how else can apps, D games, and even xbox live marketplace all be having these issues at the same time?

Seems more like a coincidence that your console started acting up after the update, otherwise there would be a lot more people complaining if it was a bug with the update.

I have 3 360 consoles, and all 3 having the same issue after the update.

What are the chances of that?

Ahh, didn't realize you had 3. If all 3 are behaving the same way then it might be something to do with your network. Have you tried resetting your router and modem?